Monday, August 22, 2016

What If?


The question was thrown at me, "How do you pick a subject to write about?"...

Hmmm... good question...

Most of the time I write about something that either I am concerned about or a memory....

I try to stay away from politics since I know very little on the subject and do not keep myself "fresh" on the going on's on Capitol Hill... Besides,   what is politics? To me it's someone trying to sway another into thinking or acting on what THEY want  see happen....  I just don't think I have that right... Besides I think we are drenched in enough of the silliness of politics on TV. But then, here lately its been hard to keep my mouth shut and my fingers from typing my opinion of just how stupid this current political race is being ran...For that I am sorry.  

Whatever I write about usually comes right from behind the eyes straight to computer screen via my fingers, and tapping it out on the keyboard....   I guess what I'm saying is... If I'm thinking it... I'm typing it...  

The 6 basic subjects that twist around in my head are... Family, Society as Whole, Pleasant Memories, Safety, and the Future (or what may be) and last but not least especially here lately is a subject that seems to being helping in tough times is "What if?

Oddly enough... While thinking about the first 5 I now have learned to somehow end up applying the last one as a denominator which is, 

"But then... What if?"

It's sometimes a scary thought when you apply the What If? clause... The paths that could have been taken instead of the one I choose or a action I could have or should have done instead of what I choose to do.

Probably the worst actions I have done are using a combination of  words that I spoke at the time, either out of anger or defense. Words spoken via these two feelings can cut deep leaving wounds that even though they heal they leave a scar.  Always there to remind us of the action.   

I have scarred many with my words, I know and understand that and only now realize that it is Words that hurt almost more then anything physically done to another... 

So now.... before the words form on my lips I try to pause and throw the clause "What If" into my determination on what is I am going to say....

So... If by chance... we are speaking and I suddenly stop half-way through a comment... Oblige me that couple of extra seconds..... Trust me it may be well worth it for all of us... 

Johnny 
8/22/16





No comments:

Post a Comment