Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Make A Wish

I had the opportunity to participate in an amazing event yesterday afternoon... I was given the privilege of being the Chauffeur for a 15 year old Young Man who got to make his Wish Come True...
Through the The Texas Gulf Coast and Louisiana Chapter of Make A Wish I got to take him on his adventure...


I picked him, his Brother, Mother and Father up at their home and headed first to Game Stop of Lake Charles. The Ladies of the Chapter meet them there and introduced him to 2 Guys who were passionate on making sure his time there would be great which by the look on his face when loading up what they gave him he was.


Then on to Best Buy where he was again treated as a Super Star... Walking down their isles and getting to pick the Electronics he could use to make his time and condition easier.
By the time we pulled back into their home the smile he had as we unloaded his bounty said it all...

I shook his hand and wish him well and also his Parents and Brother giving them one of my cards and telling them that I was only a call away if I could help in any other way along their journey...

What a amazing and humbling feeling as I pulled the liimo away and looked back to see them all standing in their driveway with all of his great stuff these 2 stores had given him.


To the Ladies of the Make A Wish Foundation.. You now have my support and better understanding of just what your Foundation makes for those who need what they cannot give to their Loved Ones...

My hat is off to off to all of you...
Johnny.

Note: I think I just came up with a New Project to get involved in when I retire... WHICH IS IN 14 Days... smile



No comments:

Post a Comment