Monday, November 16, 2015

The 5 W's and The "H" Factor....

FLASHBACK to the first days behind 911.... 

France  is trying to pick itself up from last Fridays attacks. Brings back the feelings during the first days after 911 to me. That gut wrenching feeling that no longer were we safe even in our own homes or towns.  Looking over the shoulder,  or up into the sky with apprehensions.  The attention is focused on France right now, which is why I am again looking around wondering the old 5 questions that I learned to ask back in High School Journalism Class, but now with a twist...

Who, What, Where, When, and Why? plus the "H" factor How....

Who? .... Is there anyone that who can be trusted anymore.. I hope so. I hope that we haven't gotten to the point that our trust is lost on everyone out in our public environment... But...

What?  Will we do or can we do to prepare for what may come?

Where?  I'm afraid that question has already been answered.  Anywhere..

When?   Seems, When we least expect it.

Why?  I'm not sure... The people that do these types of devistating acts towards others seem to not need a specific reason for their actions.  Why does a man walk into a movie theatre and take others lives?  Why is a question that I'm afraid is un-answerable.

How?  I think that question is a multi-facited question leading back to the 5 W's. 

But all of these questions, I feel, each of us must be answered with one word. 

 NO. 

No... I'm am not going to allow these actions to stop me from living life to the fullest.

No. I'm not going to let them take over the way I go about my daily life.

No... to those who do these things,

No... You are not going to take control of my world...

Because if we don't shout, NO.  They will win..

But I will be more careful.....

Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment