Monday, October 10, 2016

Morning, Mr. Sneakers


"You have your coffee, I have my acorn" is what he seems to say each morning about 7am when he comes and sits on the fence right outside my garden room. 


We both listen to the sounds of the morning, the ladies jabbering as they walk by doing morning walk together, the old man on the bike with his portable radio on so loud that you can hear it through the headphones he wears from 50 yards away and the 1st Mockingbird that has been trying too wake everyone up for the last hour.

Then, the same Blue Jay comes every day and does false strafing runs on him until he decides "Fine... I'm outta here" and runs to the end of the fence, pauses, and leaps the 5 feet over to the large tree and disappears up an into it's branches....

By now my coffee is either drank or turned cold, so I groan as I get up and go to get another... "Damn Blue Jay..." I think to myself. " Why don't you just mind your own business. We were have such a good time until you came along." 

Until tomorrow Mr. Sneakers....

Johnny
10/1016


No comments:

Post a Comment