Sunday, October 9, 2016

I Am Such A Lucky Man

On this Christmas Morning, again.... I realize just how lucky I am.

I did not win the lottery....
No one died and left me their millions...
I did not find the cure for the common cold....
The Giant still has the Goose that lays the Golden Egg....
I did not just sign up as a Leading Quarterback in the NFL....
My GPS just went out so I'm not sure where the Emerald City is...
I don't even dare try to sing in the shower so forget a record deal..
But.....
I woke up today, so I'm still breathing....
I can see the night light on in the room, so I can still see...
I heard myself groan when I got out of bed, so I can still hear...
I made it to the bathroom, so I can still walk...
I can smell the coffee brewing so I can still smell.....
I walked away from the bathroom so I can still.....
I rubbed my toothbrush up against something in my mouth, and the toothpaste tasted sweet, so I can still taste and not all my teeth have fallen out yet..
All my bills are paid, well most of them, so we still have a little money...
The Police are not knocking at my door, so I must be behaving myself..
I'm typing this so my fingers still work....
I've checked Facebook and I have had at least one person "like" something I had wrote, so I still have friends...
And the most important thing...
Just before leaving the bedroom to come to my Garden room, My Wonderful Wife rolled over, and asked me if I'm OK, and told me she loves me...
What else can a man ask for?
Thank ya Lord...
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment