Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Easy Does It


I had gone down to the lake to try and catch a sunset across the water... I was to late by about 5 minutes... There were several fishing along the boardwalk.. Both fish and crabs were the targets...


Down at the far end of the walk sat a man.  I learned soon that his name was Jake.  The oddity with Jake was that the rod that sat beside him was not rigged for fishing..  He seem to be just sitting and enjoying the coolness that ws starting to creep in as the sun set.

I walked to within 20 feet or so away from him and snapped a shot of a private fishing boat coming in to the public ramp...  "You missed it by about 5 minutes."
He called out, giving me the invitation to come and share the bench he sat on.

We talked for a while, he telling me that the fish just weren't biting, but didn't want to waste a good sunset.  Then he asked me about my camera and that he had seen me there before.  I gave him one of my cards explaining my love for sunrises and sunsets and showed him a few that were within the innards of the camera...

He shared a picture on his phone of a shot his wife had made on the eastern coast of Florida just last week while waiting to get out of there before Hurricane Michael reached there. It was a beautiful shot with a mass of Seagulls right at the edge of the surf and the massive thunderheads to east with the first signs of the storm in the distance.

I expressed my relief that it had gone up the east coast and not made it into the Gulf Coast..  He agreed, but said he could just imagine what they were going through... "over there" and I agreed...

We shook hands and made it a point that we would see each other again there on the boardwalk along our lake in Lake Charles...

Nice Man... Good New Friend....

No comments:

Post a Comment