Saturday, October 8, 2016

The Gentleman's Game


"I regard golf as an expensive way of playing marbles."

Gilbert K. ChestertonI


I stink at Golf..

.I've tried it 2 times.

The first time I played was when I was a teenager in Austin... I was going to play 9 holes... At the 3rd hole you had to shoot across a creek... I lost all my golf balls in it.. so I went swimming at Barton Springs instead.. 

The second time was on a 3 par course in the Philippine Islands and a monkey came down from a tree, grabbed my golf ball and took off with it. I went back to my cabana and had a beer and watched the waves roll in.

I'd love to play marbles again, like when we were kids.... But.... I'm afraid now I couldn't get up after the game and If I could, my knees would talk to me for 2 weeks..

So I thought... ahh Frisbee Golf.... but then I reminded myself... Wait a minute haven't you had 4 operations on your left shoulder? And aren't you left handed?

So...I think I will just stick to picking up my camera and grab a glimpse of the world around me...

If by chance, I see someone putting on a green, or lining up for a shot in marbles, or someone twirling a Frisbee on the end of their finger...

I'll take a picture of them, and wish them Good Luck....

Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment