Tuesday, October 27, 2015

If Something Doesn't Taste Right.. Change the Ingredients...




 Long ago....  I can remember my Mom tasting one of her meals and saying... "Well,  I'm sorry,  that just doesn't taste right... I'll have to "adjust" that recipe and she would until she got it right. 

My Dad would say "If you have time to do it twice.. you had time to it right the first time".

But today... I hear the favorite phrase of the generation "Opps, My Bad" with a kind of half-smile. But I then see them do the same thing again and their response is "Opps.. My Bad."  That phrase has become a way of saying..'OK.. you caught me but...well that's me... and I'm not going to change.' 

The effects of these actions are here to see and feel. Feelings are hurt, others have to do what the person is suppose to do, allowances are given, excuses are made, or we feel the need to adjust OUR lives to allow the person to continue to make the mistakes over again with, in many cases, expecting to be allowed to be "overlooked" while choosing to make even more mistakes.

We were given a brain to not only keep our body functioning correctly and running smoothly but also to understand that we are capable of making mistakes and figuring out how to not make the same mistake again. 

What many of us have done is forgotten that "mistakes" means something needs to be done to ensure it doesn't happen again if possible,  or has our society come to the conclusion that each of our actions, no matter what it is, should be "acceptable" by others?

What happened to our Social Standards?  Where and when did our society reach the top of the hill and start going down the other side?   What many of us do not understand that, just like in the real world, very seldom is each side of the "hill" the same height nor angle.  In some cases, the "other side of the hill" slopes a lot faster, is longer and due to that,  our "speed" increases.  Hopefully, we have the foresight to see what is happening... And we start applying the brakes...

Before we are out of control..

When are we going to admit that Something Just Doesn't Taste Right and start checking to see what ingredients and spices will make it right again...

Onward Thru The Fog....

Johnny



 

No comments:

Post a Comment