Thursday, November 3, 2016

Why, When I Was Growing Up...

It's something that happens when you hit a time in your life, somewhere along the way when you start looking at the way "others" are acting and trying to warrant yourself by sharing how you would like to be judged on.

One of the most used excuses used is..

"Well when I was growing up"...

We taught to honor our Father and Mother wishes...

But you forget to mention that there were times when each of us looked and said... "NO.... I don't want to and won't do that.."

or.

"We were taught to not judge others"..

But we do.. by ridicule, rude remarks, bragging, comparing ourselves to others or refusing to accept the fact that others have their own opinions.

or..

"We were taught that it is not what you have that makes you a better person,  but by what you do."

But we don't,  by trying to keep up with the Jones',  bragging about the "New" whatever we bought, and flaunting your possession in front of others to try and impress them.

"We were taught that it is better to give then it is to receive"

But we don't, because we hold back when we see others who could use our help because it would or could possibly stifle our own wants, or be afraid how "others" would think of you if seen doing so. Or you say "they weren't there for me, why should I be there for them?"

Yes... you can try to warrant yourself by using the statement "Well, When I Was Growing Up."

But wait a minute.  At what stage in life do we get to take the label "Grown Up?"

Because in the real world, I need to be the 1st to admit that ... I'm still Growing Up... Because I still have faults I need to work on.

Johnny










No comments:

Post a Comment