Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Does He Work In Unusual Ways?

So... Does He work in unusual ways....

This morning I went to drop 20 Avon flyers/packets for Syl less then an hour ago... Driving down the second street from us I noticed a little old lady taping a notice to the side of the Community Mail box. I pulled up next to her with 2 intentions. 1. So see what it was that had been lost and 2. To give her a packet...

She shared with me that her daughter, a RN for the School District had come by yesterday evening to drop some things off to her. In the 4-5 minutes she was inside someoen had gone into her unlocked car and took a very important Day Planner that held alot of important information.

Remembering the time I had lost my Dayplanner I told her I would keep a look out for it as I dropped the rest of my packets...

I had gone 8 houses away and when throwing the Avon packet I noticed that it was swerving towards the bushes at the edge of the sidewalk, but when it landed.... It landed on top of a large brown Day Planner lying onto of the border grass..... No Way....

I got out and walked towards it and it fit the description the lady had given me.... No way...

I jumped back in my car... drove back to the lady and told her that I had found it... She came with me, and she got out walked up to the planner and yes it was her daughter's. Nothing even looked like it had been taken...

I took her back to her home and she asked me to wait a minute... Her husband came back out with her and she handed me a $100.00 bill... I tried to say no but she and he insisted saying that I had just become their daughter's hero. Saying that she would be by later to give me a big hug...

You know.... In todays world, many say.... "Don't get involved.... It's just not worth it"...

Well.....

Thank you Lord for sending me their way today.....

Johnny
5/23/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment