Monday, May 2, 2016

Save the Un-Contacted/Approached Peruvian Tribes

So.... I go to get a cup of coffee at the C.Shop in a Book store while Syl is looking for a book...
The young lady asks: "Would you like to "donate" a pound of coffee to help save the "Un-Contacted/approached" tribes of the Peruvian Jungles?"....(smile)
???? I ask "how much?" (smile)
"The coffee is $10. per pound." (smile)
I smiled.. "No, but I'll donate a $1.....(smile)"
She responded with a pleasant smile and "Oh no sir, can't do that, it has to be a pound of coffee.."(*smile)
I looked at her, with a smile, "So.. I didn't know that "Un-contacted/approached Peruvian Jungle Natives drank Coffee?(Frown)"
Again with a plesant smile but a little annoyed now she responds "Well no sir... how it works is you donate a pound of coffee, we then sell it and part of the proceeds are donated to help save the "Un-Contacted/approached Tribes of the Peruvian Jungles." (smile..).
Hmmmm, I thought to myself and then asked... With a smirk.  "So just how much of the $10.00 I would be donating actually goes to the Tribes and what are they going to do with it since we have not "approached" them? (smile)
The young lady looks at the cash register and doesn't answer...(frown).
The other lady behind the counter who is in the process of making my coffee..smiles and say's "$2.....* smiles & rolls her eyes as if to say "Thank God Someone has finally figured out this scam."

So... Let me make sure I understand this.... I'm going to give you $10.00, your going to turn around and sell that same bag to another customer for $10.00 and out of the $20.00... $2.00 is going to go to the cause? Is that what I'm hearing? (Frown)
No response... from the 1st salesperson....(Frown)
Then as I finish paying for my coffee, part of it being the $1. I was going to donate.... Feeling bad. I asked her "Could you break this $5.. bill for me?" so that I could be the Gentleman that I am to leave them a tip? (Smile)
"Ummm.. no sir.. sorry I" all out of $1's...(sarcastic Smile and thinking I'll just to ahead and leave the $5.00 as a tip.... "Which I think to myself "When pigs fly".
So..... I dropped the .34 cents into her tip jar from the change from my coffee...(GREAT BIG SMILE and said "have a nice day" I then walked over and handed the young lady who had actually made my coffee the $5.00 tip.).
THIS IS A TRUE STORY.... I cannot give the name of the store being the Gentleman that I am..... But I have no doubt that the BOOK store sells MILLIONS of books...
"Do onto others......"
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment