Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Alligator Lips


Excuse Me Sir?
Do You Have Any Fresh Alligator Lips?
I hear that they are really enjoyable
if made a certain way.
Someone told me that a long time ago
But, they must be fresh they say,
no older then this morning’s sun.
Yes… I agree.. Pork is good
and thank you for offering, 

but that’s not what Im looking for today
So, I guess I will just keep asking.
Excuse Me Miss?
Do You have any fresh Alligator Lips?
Yes,,, that’s what I asked about.
No… Chicken, I’ve tried and it is very good,
I like it even better than trout,
those who know and have tried both
say they too agree but that neither are
nowhere near and shouldn't be comapared
to what it is that  I’m looking for.
Is there no one out there who can asnwer my plea?

Excuse me.. Sir?
Do you have by chance any Fresh Alligator Lips today?
Yes.. that is what I request
They say once found and given a try
that I will join those who claim that they're really the best
No? , Well, O.K. Thank You for
taking the time to look for me anyway,,,
No, no don't worry,. Its not your problem
I'll just keep on looking, another time, another day.
.
I can only hope somewhere,
I  find what I'm looking for.
Maybe then, I will finally understand
that those before me only wanted to help me
and offer me things that could  make me a better man.


Maybe tomorrow….


4/6/2015
Onward Thru The Fog…
John C. Glass

No comments:

Post a Comment