Saturday, December 28, 2013

Someone Kept His Promise.. Now I'll Keep Mine...

After thirteen years my daughter has been given a new outlook on life.  Yesterday at the Children's Hospitol in New Orleans, LA a amazing group of Doctors were able to reverse a terrible wrong that should have never had to have been.

Samantha and her Brother Clint both had a rare liver disorder which didn't allow the bile that their bodies produces leave their bodies in the normal way. 

Thirteen years ago I held in my arms a baby who was in agony from the itching that the disease produced.  At that time I felt so helpless and angry that she was having to go through this.  I even asked at that time that if need be for God to let me take that agony from her and that if he would I could find ways to endure it so that she would not have to. 

Fortunately, the doctors found an alternative by attaching a stoma just abovet he liver which would release the bile into a bag attached just above her waistline like what her brother had done. The itiching stopped immediately but brought with it the need for the bag to be ever present.  For thirteen years she has endured this need and all of the tribulations that it brought with it.

Even though it was the doctors who physically made this happen, I know that a miracle was given to us from above.

Now my Grand Daughter who is now my Daughter has been allowed the chance to live a "normal" life. 

So now I will fulfill a promise I made thirteen years ago.

Lord,  I am Yours... Show Me Your Way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment