Saturday, January 6, 2018

It Comes With The Territory

The Story Continues....

Yesterday, while sitting in a Clinic Lobby waiting for Syl to come out I noticed a Mother and her small 2 year old girl come in. The little one went directly to the Butterfly wall and stood looking at it. After sitting down for only a minute or so she was up and running around testing every seat in the house and playing while "Mom" sat watching her... Everyone thought she was so cute... for about 10 minutes then her "cuteness" started wearing off and "Mom" tried to corral her to no avail.

Finally, I got up and walked over to the Butterfly Wall and took a taped butterfly and put it in my pocket then returned to my seat just a few away from Mom and Daughter.

I got their attention and asked the little girl, "Hey you want to see what I have?" pulling the butterfly from pocket......

The mother smile and told her "Go see what he has."

The little one shyfully crept close and I asked her to put out her finger, which she did and I placed the butterfly on the tip of her index finger and said. "But you have to be quiet or it will fly away." holding my finger to my lips....shhhhh"

The little girl's eyes widen as she looked at "her" butterfly then at the butterfly wall....

Then she quietly walked around the room showing everyone her butterfly but each time putting her finger to her lips and going "shhhhhhhh.... mine." with a big smile...

The Mother watched in amazement then turned to me and said... "You.. must be a Grandfather?"

My reply..." Actually a Grandfather and Great Grandfather.. it comes with the territory."

Life is too short not to live to the fullest....

Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment