Thursday, July 21, 2016

Old Friends

You may go home to them....
Feeling their arms around you.....
You belong to them....
With your family is where you should be......
But we shared our times and adventures....
We did what had to be done...
And for a little while....
We were together, as one...
So, I'll let you go....
Back to where you should be ....
But when again, you come to visit......
You will stand at my edge and look out across at me...
You will think back and smile...
You will realize again....
I hold a small part of your heart....
And you are still a part of me....
Welcome back my old friend....
It's good to see you too...
No matter how long it's been.....
And always remember, I'll always be here for you....
Your friend.....The Sea.....

John C. Glass, United States Navy

No comments:

Post a Comment